The Research Committee is looking for members to help with ongoing development of our ICCAC scholarship program as well as promote and support research in the MCS field by MCS clinicians. We are also accepting grant applications for those interested in participating in active research!
Please contact Pamela Combs, ICCAC Research Committee Chair, at PamelaCombs@KentuckyOneHealth.org for further information.
Research Committee Members:
- Martha Abshire – John Hopkins Hospital, USA
- Jami Bennett – Methodist Heart Hospital, USA
- Jesus Casida – University of Michigan, USA
- Colleen Juricek – University of Chicago, USA
- Krista Marz – Ochsner Hospital, USA
- Anthony Dan Salimbangon - Ronald Reagan University of California in Los Angeles, USA
- Thomas Schlöglhofer – Medical University of Vienna, Austria
- Friedrich Kaufmann – German Heart Institute Berlin, Germany
- Sarah Schettle – Mayo Clinic, USA
- Maureen Thompson – University of Minnesota, USA
- Pam Combs – Jewish Hospital/University of Louisville, USA
The Best Practices Subcommittee is an enthusiastic group working to build a library of best practices of VAD coordinator-driven care intended for multiple diverse programs. These practices are evidence-based, compliant with regulatory standards, and represent the consensus of the VAD community.
Examples of past and current work include:
- First responder Field Service Guides
- Exit site management
We are a growing group seeking members who are interested in helping us build momentum and serve as a voice for your fellow VAD coordinators. Please contact Heather Barone, ICCAC Best Practices Subcommittee Chair, at Heather.Barone@cshs.org for additional information.
Best Practices Subcommittee Members:
- Heather Barone- Cedars Sinai Medical Center, USA
- Dustin Szczech- University of Minnesota Health, USA
- Lori Anderson- Tampa General, USA
- Mark Puhlman- Providence Saint Vincent, USA
- Charlotte Lilla- University of Minnesota Health, USA
- Andy Woods- Newcastle, UK
We are pleased to present our first two documents: the HeartMate 2 Maintenance Guide and Staff Education Competency Grid. These documents can be downloaded here.